Tell us a little about yourself
- Success-driven, astute, and results-oriented professional, offering extensive experience in hotel management and administrative functions. Armed with expertise in developing business plans and strategies, implementing policies and procedures, and improving processes to meet or exceed corporate objectives and sales goals. Effective at providing high-value services and positive experiences ensure optimum customer satisfaction level. Articulate communicator, with proven ability in dealing with various individuals from all levels of the organization; multilingual in English, French, and Arabic.
- Opened & Managed five Wyndham Branded Hotels in New York in last 10 Years
- Experienced in 5-star hotels (London NYC Hotel & TRUMP International Hotel & Tower NYC)
- Task force Hotel Manager with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
What are some of key achievements or moments that have led you to where you are today?
- I focus on the Team to achieve results
- I connect daily work with great goals.
- I think of people as people.
- I always want to earn respect.
- I’m thrilled when team members achieve great things.
- I empower people with honesty and transparency.
- I understand that if the team falls short, I will be responsible.
- I care mainly about results.
In your opinion what makes a good hotel manager?
- Just love what you do and be very passionate about your teamwork
Have you ever had any crazy requests? If so, what was it and were you able to oblige?
- I was urgently called by Wyndham Corporate opening Team to help resolve and takeover rooms from construction to put them back in the market quickly it was delayed over 6 months and caused losses in revenue for the owners. I was, within a week of teamwork, able to release all the pending rooms in service and after that I was named by the VP of Operations as the “God of Solutions.”
Have you noticed any current trends in the travel industry?
- Yes, more rooms inventory into the markets, less great service because of the behaviour or some leaders unfortunately are just focusing on cutting on services to save money and not looking by focusing on generating revenues in different ways.
Your favorite Travels destination :
- Constantine, Algeria
What does the future hold for you?
- More success and great achievements for sure.
Finally, what advice would you give to someone hoping to get into the industry.
- Just love what you do and focus on the Teamwork and 100% success result, achievements will come
OMAR BOUCHAAR AWARDS:
- Recognition letter received from NYC & Company the official bureau of Tourism in New York City 2018
- Recognition commitment letter received from Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce 2018
- Proclamation received by New York State Assembly 2018
- Citations Received from Brooklyn Borough President 2018 & 2016
- Recognition letters received from Wyndham Hotels & Resorts 2015,2016,2017,2018 & 2019
- Recognition Certificate received from the Algeria General Consulate in NYC 2018